Saturday, April 18, 2015

Gila Fit for Burner Prophecy


I've run the Proph a few more times now; this is where my fit currently sits:

[Gila, Gila - Prophecy Kill]
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Shield Power Relay II
10MN Afterburner II
Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
Thermic Dissipation Amplifier II
EM Ward Amplifier II
EM Ward Amplifier II 
Heavy Missile Launcher II
Heavy Missile Launcher II
Heavy Missile Launcher II
Heavy Missile Launcher II 
Medium Warhead Calefaction Catalyst II
Medium Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I

Hammerhead II x10
Caldari Navy Scourge Heavy Missile
There's still maybe some tweaking that can be done by folks that are better at Pyfa than me.  But this version finishes the encounter at 50-60% shields with my skills.

With my skills, I show 812 dps from this setup, 634 of that from drones.

Fight works like this:
- Warp to pocket
- Set yourself to orbit the Proph at 35km or so, activate AB and lock all 3 targets.
- Once all 3 are locked, kick the drones out the door and nuke the two frigates, it won't take long with only drones.
- While the drones work over the frigates, put your HMLs on the Proph.  Move the drones over when the frigs die and go make a sandwich.

The Prophecy will eventually run you down and apply web.  Until he does, you will be semi-kiting him and mitigating a little bit of damage.  I leave the AB running while webbed just to try to keep some speed throughout the fight.

The previous version was an active tank with a medium shield repper, but in one of my runs the Nos stayed with me the entire fight and I almost lost the ship.  I managed to hold out for the victory, but I was very deep in armor and it wasn't pretty.  I immediately flew back and pieced together this passive shield tank version.

Edit:  I should also note that the current version of the Proph seems to be less likely to kill your drones (although he still does) and more inclined to drain you crap to zero with his Nos.  Previously the Nos seemed to be very random; was perhaps bugged or something, I guess.

There are no doubt other ways to kill the Prophecy.  For now, this is how I'm doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alpha State

"Everything that has a beginning has an end."  That's one of my favorite quotes from the Matrix 2.  It has to do with the ...