Sunday, April 19, 2015

Another Prophecy Killer

Funny enough, I've not successfully used a BC to kill any of the new BC burners.

Here's another option I came up with.  It's maybe a little bit slower than the Gila, but if you're more into missiles than drones, it seems to work just as well.

I've got two runs in it - first I used HMLs and for the second I switched to HAMs.  I finished the fight at about 50% shields both times.  It's a little hard to gauge because in the first fight the Proph went after my drones and killed 3, meaning I took less damage (had a short amount of time for shields to recharge while the drone sacrificed himself honorably for me) but my overall dps was lower at the end.

Fight is very similar to the Gila, though for HAMs I set my orbit distance to 29km instead of 35km (I have 30km overall HAM range with this fit).  Like the Gila, he will run you down and web/scram/nos, so the orbit setting is just a way of keeping yourself moving.

No Fleet/links involved, though I did overheat launchers to ~60% damage both times.

[Orthrus, Abavus Durden's Prophecy Killer]
Ballistic Control System II
Ballistic Control System II
Ballistic Control System II
Shield Power Relay II 
Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
EM Ward Amplifier II
EM Ward Amplifier II
Thermic Dissipation Amplifier II 
Heavy Assault Missile Launcher II
Heavy Assault Missile Launcher II
Heavy Assault Missile Launcher II
Heavy Assault Missile Launcher II
Heavy Assault Missile Launcher II 
Medium Core Defense Field Extender I
Medium Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I
Medium Warhead Calefaction Catalyst I

Hobgoblin II x5
Caldari Navy Scourge Heavy Assault Missile
The Gila and the Orthrus are relatively slow fights; I'll keep looking for other options.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alpha State

"Everything that has a beginning has an end."  That's one of my favorite quotes from the Matrix 2.  It has to do with the ...