Thursday, May 7, 2015

Work Sucks

This is the obligatory post where I say that work sucks and I'm busy.

I wish I could say that everything here is fine, and I'll get through it, but I have suddenly found myself leading the team that will be responsible for saving the jobs of 35 of my teammates and friends.

These are the people that hired me as a fresh out, and they have been my peers for the past 17 or so years.  In my current assignment, I am their deputy team lead, mentor, marriage counselor, and sometimes priest.  

We have one last gasp of hope that will largely decide if the jobs stay or go.   That meeting is next Wednesday, and we are pulling out all stops to get the data together that will make or break our satellite site's future.

And after that, the real work begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alpha State

"Everything that has a beginning has an end."  That's one of my favorite quotes from the Matrix 2.  It has to do with the ...