Sunday, May 24, 2015

Sunday Wrap Up - Deimos Cap Use and Aba on TV

The Anomic Base (Talos) popped up this afternoon.  I've only done it once on live and my eyes lit up when I read the text.  

Like last time, I ran it with my offgrid link ship.  On SISI, I had of course not used links, but the test server has everything at 100 isk and the real server ... does not.  So when things get serious, I drag the link ship along.

Last time, I chewed through a TON of cap boosters.  It was very unlike SISI and I left grid scratching my head (but got distracted by a very nice shadow serpentis module).  I docked up, put the Deimos away and forgot about it.

Today, of course, I check cargo before undocking and realize "Oh yah, I used a crap-ton of boosters. That was weird."  Once on grid and moving, cap again was vanishing at an astonishing rate, and I realized that the Link ship was the difference.  With 2x armor reps running  every 7 seconds instead of every 9 seconds, I was repping more HP but eating into my profit margin by consuming faction cap boosters.  So I turned one Armor Repper off and the cap situation improved.

I typed all that so I could type this....  My Deimos fit (which is pasted on the click through below) is almost cap-stable and with careful flying can permatank the Talos pocket.  I didn't need to turn the 2nd repper back on, despite blundering into a few of the proximity guns.  I timed the run at 10 minutes, although I looted the wrecks as I went.  So I'm slower than some of the guys on forums, but this is a pretty forgiving setup, especially with the off grid booster.


-----

Second up, had this odd thing happen last night.  Was the end of my game session, but was still chatting a bit with the gang.  I rarely use Captain's Quarters, but decided to hop in and sit on the couch while I typed.  I then remembered that we had gotten new clothes lately, so went in and played Ken-doll with Abavus and dressed him up all shiny.

A few minutes later, I'm sitting on the couch and I see Abavus come through as a "New Pilot Certification."  Wait, wtf?  Really?  Abavus is like 12.   Apparently resetting your portrait qualifies you for New Pilot graduation.  Was a surreal moment that made me look twice and then grunt loud enough that Mrs. Durden asked what I was doing.



Click through for my current Deimos fit.



[Deimos, Abavus Durden's Talos Hunter]
Medium Armor Repairer II
Medium Armor Repairer II
Energized Kinetic Membrane II
Energized Thermic Membrane II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II  
10MN MWD II
Medium Capacitor Booster II
Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II  
Heavy Ion Blaster II
Heavy Ion Blaster II
Heavy Ion Blaster II
Heavy Ion Blaster II
Heavy Ion Blaster II  
Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump II
Medium Anti-Thermic Pump II
Hobgoblin II x5
Void M
Navy Cap Booster 400

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alpha State

"Everything that has a beginning has an end."  That's one of my favorite quotes from the Matrix 2.  It has to do with the ...