Thursday, December 25, 2014

Throwback Backgrounds Set #1

Christmas 2007, I was lucky enough to get a 30 inch Dell monitor that ran at 2560x1600.  I'm still staring at it right now, many thousands of hours of use later.

At the time, there were very few backgrounds available for that big resolution.  I set out to make a set of EVE-releated backgrounds.  I posted them on forums, but the links are of course long gone.

I figured I'd re-release them, just because.

Edit:  They don't seem to be coming through blogger at full resolution; I'll fiddle a bit.

Some disclaimers:
  1. The gfx engine has changed quite a bit since 2007; some of these are old models and old textures.
  2. They were intended to be minimalistic at the time.  Some of them probably haven't aged well.
  3. The ship selection represented what I was flying at the time.
  4. I am not a wizard with Photoshop - wasn't then, still true today.  You get what you pay for. :)
Image dump #1 is after the cut....

Set #1 was variations on my Malediction and Rokh.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Alpha State

"Everything that has a beginning has an end."  That's one of my favorite quotes from the Matrix 2.  It has to do with the ...