Was talking to the gang about the Interstellar Soundtrack this week, which spawned the idea for this post.
Here are 5 tracks that I've used as the backdrop for my EVE time over the years:
- Interstellar Soundtrack. Hans Zimmer at his finest.
- Ink Soundtrack. Ink is an Indy film that a friend recommended. The movie is pretty good for low-budget stuff, but the soundtrack is worth buying. The work on the piano is haunting; John's Walk is one of the best tracks on the album.
- TOOL: Wings for Marie, part 1 and 2. TOOL is one of my favorite bands; this song is slow and methodical and almost an instrumental.
- Scala. Just listen. Hopefully the playlist works. If not, I linked a bonus cover of Nothing Else Matters.
- A Perfect Circle, Thirteenth Step. This is here for nostalgia's sake. I used to work a schedule that had me off every-other Friday. Those Fridays became mining op days for me; sitting deep in Derelik jetcan mining kernite as quickly as possible. This album became the go-to during those sessions, along with a glass of cognac and a plate of smoked cheese, is still my favorite way to spend a day off. When the first guitar notes of the first track hit, I feel like I'm undocking.