- Higher end ores used to spawn in highsec. I spent the weekend after launch mining Hedberite and Gneiss in Piak/Lonetrek. I still have the leftovers from that refine in my assets list; refuse to move it.
- Ores have been redistributed a few times. We used to mine Omber in Derelik highsec; after the redistro, we mined Kernite instead. We mined Omber in Niyabainen.
- There used to be mining belts in Jita. Agents too.
- The original market was based on integer values only. You could only trade in whole isk (1, 4, 5346). Decimal points (1.99) were added later.
- Some parts of null didn't have real names at launch, and were instead coded with names like XX-1234 (similar to how Jove regions are named today on the map). Querious, Delve, and Period Basis were originally named this way, maybe others. I just googled and couldn't find the original names; that's how long it's been. I do remember messing around in Fountain, Stain, and Great Wildlands very early; I think they've always had the names they have today.
- In the days before tech2, I remember cruiser-sized meta4 hybrid guns going for 6M isk each. At the time, that was a LOT of isk.
- The original market was seeded by NPCs, i.e. NPCs bought and sold items to jumpstart things. Players would talk about buying ships at "npc price" or on the open market. I want to say the NPC price of a Raven was 256M isk, but it's been too long for me to remember to be sure.
- Battlecruisers weren't in at launch and were added much later.
- I still think of the Rokh, Abaddon, Mael, and Hyperion as the "new" battleships because they were added long after launch.
- The Domi used to have a bonus for the number of drones you could control. With max skills you could field something like 15 drones.
- The last day of beta test, CCP gave everyone max skills (see screenshot, above). I had to work, and the servers were down by the time I got home. My co-CEO Abbaddon got to party, though.
Sunday, December 14, 2014
Random Old Things
Off the top of my head, here are some oddities from the EVE of yesterday.
"Everything that has a beginning has an end." That's one of my favorite quotes from the Matrix 2. It has to do with the ...