Friday, November 7, 2014

Bloodsport II -- Another Blood Raider Kill

*** WARNING NOT YET VERIFIED FOR LATEST PATCH ***
*** WARNING NOT YET VERIFIED FOR LATEST PATCH ***

Just 2 missions after the last Blood Raider / Cruor anomic agent, I had him again.  After the fairly scary Wolf mission, I decided to go try my hand at the Jaguar.  

Quick post just to report the fit and how I approached him during battle.


[Jaguar, Blood Raider Cruor]
Beta Reactor Control: Shield Power Relay I
Fourier Transform Tracking Program
Beta Reactor Control: Shield Power Relay I
Gyrostabilizer II 
Thermic Dissipation Amplifier II
EM Ward Amplifier II
Medium Shield Extender II
'Langour' Drive Disruptor I 
200mm AutoCannon II
200mm AutoCannon II
200mm AutoCannon II
Small Diminishing Power System Drain I 
Small Core Defense Field Purger II
Small Projectile Burst Aerator I

Republic Fleet Fusion S
NOTE:  The fit that I stole for this uses a t2 rig for the Burst Aerator. I lack the skills and used t1.

ALSO NOTE:   I had a link ship running with perfect gang bonus and Shield Harmonizing (% resist) and Evasive Maneuvers (Sig radius).  So although I lack perfect tanking skills (Thermic Shield Comp and Autocannon Specialization are both at 4 in particular), I more than made up for it with the link ship pumping away off grid.

I have very little experience with a fit built around shield recharge rates like this, so when I initially got into the pocket, I panicked.  My shields dropped steadily down through 90%, 70%, 60% and I thought I was gonna be writing a post about how I dorfed up my first Jaguar fight, ever.

Finally, the bleeding slowed down around 50%.  By the end of the fight, I was hovering around 40 to 45% and staying basically steady.

I initially set myself to approach the target, but didn't seem like I was breaking his tank.  When I clicked randomly in a different direction and made him follow me, I hit a lot better and actually made headway.

This is a lot more straightforward fight than the Wolf, but it takes longer.  Choose your poison.

I'd type more but the Solo Angel burner also popped.  That means 3 of my last 5 missions have been Solo Burners.  Jeebus.

(20 minutes later...)
Egad, I left this window open and went to kill the Angel.  After the Angel popped a Team Hawk.  I went 4 for 6 on burner missions before Right Hand of Zazzmataz popped and broke the streak.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alpha State

"Everything that has a beginning has an end."  That's one of my favorite quotes from the Matrix 2.  It has to do with the ...