Thursday, June 18, 2015

Oh Happy Day

Today is the day I've been waiting for ...

Since moving to the country in 2010, we've had a really dorked up internet connection.  And by dorked up, I mean "expensive" and sometimes "slow."  For the past 4 years or so, we've been on a cellphone-based hotspot.  We're near a tower and connection speed and latency was pretty good, but we were also hit with a monthly data cap and a monstrous phone bill.

Today, I just suffered through a 3 1/2 hour fibre installation with the local rural telecom.  I say suffered, but I wasn't the poor guy stuck in my crawl space for 2 hours, or routing wiring all over the house.  But, he just wrapped up and I put the finishing touches on my new router installation, and things seem to be working.

Same high def channels as we got through DirecTV, and 5x the download speed, no data cap, and the combined changes will save us somewhere around $125 per month.  To put that in perspective, that's half of my current car payment.  Or a VERY nice dinner for two

/happydance.

Has been a slow-ish week in EVE.  Been running a LOT of lvl4s and finally got the Blood Raider BC to pop.  I struggled with it before logging off last night.  The next couple days will be hit-or-miss with availability, and hopefully I'm back posting my usual stream of nonsense this weekend.




1 comment:

  1. In modernity, most RMA requests are completed through the Internet, so having the ability to process RMAs has become reviews a crucial aspect of the tech world. Upon receiving the initial request, the representative, aided by the help of reverse logistics technology.
    become reviews

    ReplyDelete

Alpha State

"Everything that has a beginning has an end."  That's one of my favorite quotes from the Matrix 2.  It has to do with the ...