Monday, June 15, 2015

Music to EVE By

There, I just used the game title as a verb.  Yay for the English language.

Was talking to the gang about the Interstellar Soundtrack this week, which spawned the idea for this post.

Here are 5 tracks that I've used as the backdrop for my EVE time over the years:



  1. Interstellar Soundtrack.  Hans Zimmer at his finest.
  2. Ink Soundtrack.  Ink is an Indy film that a friend recommended.  The movie is pretty good for low-budget stuff, but the soundtrack is worth buying. The work on the piano is haunting; John's Walk is one of the best tracks on the album.
  3. TOOL:  Wings for Marie, part 1 and 2.  TOOL is one of my favorite bands; this song is slow and methodical and almost an instrumental.
  4. Scala.  Just listen.  Hopefully the playlist works.  If not, I linked a bonus cover of Nothing Else Matters.
  5. A Perfect Circle, Thirteenth Step.  This is here for nostalgia's sake.  I used to work a schedule that had me off every-other Friday.  Those Fridays became mining op days for me; sitting deep in Derelik jetcan mining kernite as quickly as possible.  This album became the go-to during those sessions, along with a glass of cognac and a plate of smoked cheese, is still my favorite way to spend a day off.  When the first guitar notes of the first track hit, I feel like I'm undocking.









1 comment:

Alpha State

"Everything that has a beginning has an end."  That's one of my favorite quotes from the Matrix 2.  It has to do with the ...