Saturday, October 4, 2014

Anomic Agent #5 - Tie Broken

*** FITS VERIFIED PROTEUS JANUARY 2015 ***

Another Anomic Agent mission complete.  Mr. Gurista died on first attempt this time, making the overall score 3 success and 2 punts.

The Daredevil survived his first trial, so now I'll name it.  Lately it's been bad luck to name a ship before its first combat.




The fitting was the same as the last Gurista attempt, mentioned below.  It's set up without resist rigs so that the ship can be used for multiple anomic agent types.

This is the Guristas flavor:
[Daredevil, Guristas Worm Burner]
Small Armor Repairer II
Armor Kinetic Hardener II
Kinetic Plating II
Armor Kinetic Hardener II 
Limited 1MN Microwarpdrive I
Small Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I
Fleeting Propulsion Inhibitor I 
Light Neutron Blaster II
Light Neutron Blaster II 
Small Ancillary Current Router I
Small Auxiliary Nano Pump II
Small Auxiliary Nano Pump I 
Void S x680
Navy Cap Booster 400 x11
After messing around with this one mission for the better part of the week, here's my advice as a frigate noob.

1. The most crucial part of this fight is the approach.  The target will start about 40km away from you and orbit under high mwd.  You need to dive in under his volleys of missiles, nail his butt to the floor and get all angry with your blasters.  

2. Managing cap during the approach will likely make or break the fight; misclick your cap and let hardeners fall offline probably means death.  Failing to keep the mwd running results in an aborted attempt and/or death.  Once at range and mwd turned off, there is some wiggle room in the cap cycle.

3. I turn my active hardeners on before I go in, and like I mentioned about double SARII setups a few days ago, I stagger their activation.  For this fit, that means letting the first AKH2 get about halfway through its cycle before turning on the other.  That way, if you misclick your cap, you don't lose BOTH hardeners at once (very bad), and cap consumption is a little less spikey with the activation cycles spread out.

Battle report:  Tank was strong with my link ship running.  After the last encounter and associated disappointing loss, I didn't overheat ANYTHING until I had him almost in armor (made possible by my link ship and mwd speed boosts; your mileage may vary).  I activated web at about 10km, guns on at 4km, overshot the approach (slingshotting out to about 3km) and burnt another mwd cycle to tie him down fully.  Overheated highs after the guns reloaded and he rep'd back to almost 50% shields.  I finished the fight with only 1 cap booster left (1 loaded, 0 in cargo), mostly due to not overheating the high rack until very late in the fight.  Yes, my conservationism with overheating almost cost me the fight.

Take all the caps that you can fit in your hold.  You may need them if you try to abort and fly out.


PS:  Loot sucked again.

What's Playing:  Cake - Going the Distance

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alpha State

"Everything that has a beginning has an end."  That's one of my favorite quotes from the Matrix 2.  It has to do with the ...