Monday, October 20, 2014

Team Burner #5 - Hawk Down

The Hawk Team has been vanquished.


The RNG gods are smiling upon me this weekend, as I've not only been pulling a lot of Burners in rapid succession, I'm also getting some of the flavors I hadn't seen yet.  I now only need 1 other Team and still need to conquer the Solo Blood Raider/Cruor and I will have done them all.



Very littlie drama here.  I used the same Garmur setup as the previous Team Fights.  I did upgrade my last Ballistic Control to faction, but don't think it made a difference in this fight.  I'll paste the fit here for completeness:

[Garmur, Team Burner Kite]
Caldari Navy Ballistic Control System
Caldari Navy Ballistic Control System
Caldari Navy Ballistic Control System 
F-90 Positional Sensor Subroutines, Targeting Range Script
1MN Afterburner II
Phased Weapon Navigation Array Generation Extron
Phased Weapon Navigation Array Generation Extron 
Light Missile Launcher II
Light Missile Launcher II
Light Missile Launcher II 
Small Warhead Flare Catalyst II
Small Warhead Flare Catalyst II
Small Warhead Rigor Catalyst II

Caldari Navy Mjolnir Light Missile
The target moves at only 830m/s and this setup is good for well beyond that (the Team Jaguar is much quicker at ~1200m/s).  My normal research returned that CN Mjolnir missiles are used throughout the fight (no ammo swapping req'd).

Battle Report:  Compared to the Vengeance, which required some head scratching and ultimately a thrown together Mortar Team (alt character), this fight was straightforward.  

Standard Team Kite tactics apply - turn on sensor booster before entering the pocket.  Once on grid, orbit the Hawk at 35km and turn afterburner on.  Then target all 3 ships and roast the nearest Logi.  

To see if I could, I didn't use any overheat and managed to kill all 3 ships in 40 total salvos of missiles - I didn't even have to reload.  As of this writing I've done 3 of the 4 Team Burners and this is by far the easiest one.  The expensive Garmur is overkill; may be able to do this in a Hawk or perhaps a sniper platform for fun.

PS:  Loot sucked.

What's Playing:  Foo Fighters, Monkey Wrench

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alpha State

"Everything that has a beginning has an end."  That's one of my favorite quotes from the Matrix 2.  It has to do with the ...