Sunday, June 1, 2014

Obligatory Foundational First Post

First!

No, wait. That doesn't have the same impact here as a forum thread.

Who Am I?
Abavus Durden -- I'm a former CEO, former alliance lead, beta player that's been in and around EVE since late 2002.  Although I don't claim to be a master of all EVE mechanics, I've touched about all the content in the game at one point or another.

In 2008, before being a bittervet was a thing, I left in a huff, upset with CCP's handling of the game's direction.  I didn't intend to come back.  I guess I was ahead of the bittervet curve.  At that point, I'd invested 5+ years into the game, and I felt like CCP owed me something personally for hanging with them.  I felt frustrated that they didn't see the obviousness of their mistakes, and I voted with my wallet when I saw them pushing the game down a narrow field of view.

I dabbled in other games.  (Okay, more than dabbled.)  I gained some perspective.  It took me a couple of years, but I've limped back.  My free time for gaming is now more limited than ever, and that has also changed my perspective on what EVE could and should be.

Dog's Breath?
Pukin' Dogs is my corp.  This is where the Dogs speak.  Hence, you're getting doggie breath on you, right now.  Don't make a face, it's good for you.

What's This Blog About?
I'm here on this blog because I have a few things to say about EVE.  The forums are the wrong place; you all know why.

There are a series of posts running around in my head that I want to get out in text and share.  After that, we'll see where this goes or if it becomes another abandoned wreck on Blogger.

But I see trends on other blogs and comment sections, and I see a voice beginning to gain traction that I want to help amplify. I call it post-bittervetism.

If you say it like that, it sounds like a fancy political movement, which I think it could be.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Alpha State

"Everything that has a beginning has an end."  That's one of my favorite quotes from the Matrix 2.  It has to do with the ...